Top Reasons/Signs I have never been a fan of January. Not a person named January but the month….but you got that, right?
1. Too many people at the gym. I know, I preach and preach: workout, move more…etc….in the meantime, I can’t get on the equipment I want….geez 😉
2. It is WINTER and it is bloody cold and it is winter….
3. My mom gave me her bad gene of having sinus problems
4. I get claustrophobic sitting in my car with the heat on (no need to tell me, I know it’s weird)
5. I can’t get in my car with a winter coat without hitting my head or getting caught in the door
6. I need a pedicure
7. I need a massage (this has nothing to do with winter but I thought I should throw that in so Mr. Man is fully aware of my needs!)
8. When I hear people say: “oh look it’s snowing, isn’t it beautiful?” I just want to slap them. I don’t, I just want to…
9. I want to be running outside in the sun
And finally 10. I “dislike” when people tell me: “but you’re from Canada, you should love winter” WHAT? Because I was born and raised in a country that considers 70 degrees to be a good summer heat doesn’t mean I cherish the snow, ice and bitter cold! I do not like winter at all, ever, never, not today nor tomorrow, not here or Canada or even in Florida….there I said it.
So to make myself feel better, I give you Maple Syrup Creme Brulee….and I get to use one of my cool tools: my little kitchen torch!
Recipe from: Coup De Pouce Magazine. May 2002 (Cremes Brulees a l’Erable)
2 1/2 cups milk (I use 2%)
4 large egg yolk
1/2 cup sweet condensed milk
1 tablespoon corn starch
2 tablespoon maple syrup (the real deal please)
5-6 tablespoons raw sugar (the original recipe calls for maple sugar but you can’t find that anywhere in Indiana)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.