NOTE: The post below was written last weekend. Sadly on Wednesday morning my Maternal Grandmother passed away. I still wanted to share with you this recipe along with this funny “story”. I know in my heart that I have a good sense of humor because of my family, especially my grandmother who used to always say: “if you are not worth a laugh then you aren’t worth much” (maybe it makes more sense in French but you get the idea) I am so very fortunate to have a wonderful family. Please enjoy this delicious recipe and have a good laugh along with it…I know my grandmother would!
The other night, Tina, Jennifer, Donna and I had a conversation about Spanx. The conversation was probably in the realm of crazy but it was worth having none the less. I learned a few things about Spanx that I shall share with you. Don’t worry I am giving you an awesome cake recipe to make up for this mental-visual assault!
1. It seems Oprah put Spanx on “the map”. Whatever….who’s Oprah anyway?
2. Spanx may hold things together but the “stuff” will move somewhere else!
3. You may have (like me) a battle in a public restroom trying to put yourself back together and delay the evening a good 15-20 minutes.
4. Sweat will happen in places you would have never imagined.
5. Men will never appreciate what you are doing in order to remain in your Spanx and have no visible lines in your lovely little black dress (or the color of your choosing!)
6. You will second guess your choice of Spanx….but at the end of the day just ask yourself: “where should I be smoooooth?”
7. Finally….it seems that even an “off-brand” of Spanx will suffocate you pretty much the same way!
That same night Tina made us a lovely cake that I want to share with you. It was absolutely scrumptious, everyone took a little piece home for breakfast the next morning….right after we squeezed into our torture devices…I mean Spanx!
Printer Friendly: Tina’s Cake